Student Portal App Design
We will be designing a responsive website (or App) for students joining the Digital Business Management. New students have indicated in the past that they’re overwhelmed with the amount of new information, and how to navigate the various websites shared with them at orientation. They would like one website/App where they can find information specific to their own program, the Digital Business Management BComm.
The following are examples of questions the Program Coordinator gets from new students:
- Registration for example, and the difference between core courses, breadth electives, and business electives
- I’m in big class of 50 students from all BComm programs, how do I find and connect with students from my program? who else is in my program?
- How can I take Summer courses and graduate sooner?
- Can I do the Work Placement anytime?
In this project, you will do the following:
- Speak with students (first year? Digital Business only?) as part of your research (primary or secondary)?
- Design a website/App prototype
You will learn about the following:
- UX Design
- Design Thinking process
- Low-fi, hi-fi
- Wireframes and prototypes
- Paper and digital wirefrems and prototypes using Figma
- Paper prototypes
- Digital prototypes using Figma