- “Stanford D.school.” Stanford D.school, dschool.stanford.edu/.
- Božović, Nađa. “How to Use Design Thinking Principles in UI/UX Design.” PopArt Studio, PopArt Studio, 7 June 2018, www.popwebdesign.net/popart_blog/en/2018/05/design-thinking-principles-in-ux-ui-design/.
“Design Thinking and the Web Design Process ⋆ Needmore Designs Blog.” Needmore Designs, 3 Nov. 2017, needmoredesigns.com/wooconf17-02/.
Dvg. “How Design Thinking Could Save Your Dying Website.” Software Development Company in NYC, 14 July 2017, www.dvginteractive.com/how-design-thinking-could-save-your-dying-website-2/.
“What We Talk About When We Talk About Design Thinking.” 1stWebDesigner, 9 Aug. 2018, 1stwebdesigner.com/design-thinking/.
- Textbook: Campbell, J. (2017). Web Design: Introductory (6th ed.). Boston, Mass.: Cengage Learning.
- Microsoft Expression Web 4 (Free Version)
Web Presence Resources
WordPress Online Resources
- WP: Turn your site into a community (view)
- WP: Monetize your site (view)
- WP: Tips for getting more people to your site (view)
- A Better WordPress for Clients (view)
- How to Sell WordPress to Clients (view)
- A Better WordPress for Business (view)
- Find a theme (view)
- Domains / mapping a domain (view)
- Transferring ownership of a WordPress site to another account (view)
- Guide (free download): https://www.shopify.ca/partners/guides/web-design-project-management
Copyright & Plagiarism (Humber Library)
Search Engine Optimization:
“Think of it this way: Google wants people to use its search engine as much as you want them to visit your website, so its goal is to return the most useful results for any given query. The more tactics bloggers come up with to fool Google into ranking their sites higher than they deserve to be, the more Google corrects its search algorithms to screen out such bad behaviour.”
Q: I need to map only the domain for the website, without disrupting the email service.
A: You can edit the DNS for the domain on your WordPress.com account to match the proper MX records before you point the nameservers. That way as the records are propagating, it won’t matter which one hosts pick up, as they’ll still get your MX records.
You will need to get from your web hosting provider the following “the complete MX and/or other DNS records I will need to enter on WordPress.com’s end, so that my email on this domain will function?”
More info on the domain mapping set up:
After that’s done, you should be able to edit that domain by going to your WordPress.com homepage > Select the site the domain is on > Domains > Select the domain > Edit Name Servers and DNS > DNS Records
Here are instructions on adding your email:
And for further reading on working with the DNS:
You can use https://www.whois.net/ to find out who your domain is registered with.