Welcome to the Web Development course, a hands-on course that will be delivered remotely during the Winter 2021 semester. The course has been designed and will be delivered in a blended fashion, using both synchronous and asynchronous formats. I welcome your feedback anytime to make sure we all have a rich and successful learning experience.
Course Outline & Critical Path
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
- BB Collaborate Ultra (Classroom): This is where we all meet to start our class and cover new concepts
- Groups: This is where you meet with your team members to work on assigned group activities. I will be joining the groups to discuss the work and clarify concepts as needed. Each student will be part of two teams:
- Webinar Committee: large teams to manage the planning and production of your 30% webinar final assessment, sign-up sheets available on Blackboard
- Digital Agency: small teams to work on the two group projects “Web Dev Tools” and “Final Shopify website”, sign-up sheets will be available in week 4
Virtual Class Best Practices
- Turn your camera on during group meetings and engage in a richer experience (check this article)
- Mute your microphone when you’re not speaking
- Use your actual real name (if/when we occasionally use Zoom with external guests)
- Minimize Distractions
- Be aware of your surroundings
- Dress appropriately
- Stay present!
Office Hours & Contact Info
- I am available to support you outside of class time and will be happy to schedule virtual meetings as needed
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or book an appointment
Consent to use screenshots from our classes & guest speaker sessions
I will be taking screenshots of our classes/meetings to share on LinkedIn and Twitter through professional posts to thank guest speakers, promote the events we’ll be planning, or simply share something new we’re doing. I will let the class know beforehand. If you prefer for your name or picture not to appear in any screenshots, please let me know. More on the photo consent form.