Virtual Office Hours
- I will be pleased to meet with you according to prior appointment, feel free to book online through my calendar if you need support outside of scheduled class hours
Virtual Classroom Etiquette
- Please turn your camera on during group meetings in order to engage in a richer experience (check this article)
- Mute your microphone when you’re not speaking
- Use your actual real name (if/when we occasionally use Zoom with external guests)
- Be aware of your surroundings and minimize distractions
- Dress appropriately
- Stay present!
Course Website & Online Communication
- It is your responsibility to check Blackboard announcements for regular course updates, and mark your calendar with the due dates & times, whether you use a digital or paper-based calendar
- Students are expected to communicate in a professional, business-like manner in all correspondence, and only those messages written in a professional, business-like manner will be answered by the professor. Please check spelling and grammar before you hit the “Send” button
- Students are to demonstrate respect for each other and for the professor through their choice of language online (discussion, BB chat … etc.)
Marking of Individual & Group Work
- Submission & Marking: Submitted work will be marked only if you follow the instructions regarding the submission method, format, and number of students assigned to work on the exercise. Only names of students who have contributed to the work are to be included when you submit any group work, please be reminded that including names of students who have not contributed to the work is considered Academic Misconduct and will be dealt with accordingly. Individual work and work in pairs will not be marked for group projects
- Deadlines & Late Submissions: Deadlines are meant to keep us all on track. Therefore, late submissions will not be accepted unless a request for extension has been communicated in advance, at least two days before the deadline, with a proposed submission date and reason for the request. Such requests must be sent through Course Messages (not email as this may end up in the junk folder). If approved, those late submissions will be marked at the end of the semester.
- Peer Evaluation for Group Work: The marks for a group project will be assigned to the whole team provided that all team members contribute equally to the project. If a team member feels that another team member is not contributing, he/she should communicate with the professor immediately, before the due date, and a peer evaluation process will be used to assign marks individually based on the level of contribution. View / download the Peer Evaluation forms here (Word doc, PDF)
- Cite your sources: Projects, assignments, and lab exercises will be marked only if properly referenced. It is your responsibility to ensure that sources are properly cited
Accessible Learning Services
- Students registered with the Accessible Learning Services” are required to provide at least one week notice to the Prof. of any required accommodations.
Consent to use screenshots from our classes & guest speaker sessions
I will be taking screenshots of our classes/meetings to share on LinkedIn and Twitter through professional posts to thank guest speakers, promote the events we’ll be planning, or simply share something new we’re doing. I will let the class know beforehand. If you prefer for your name or picture not to appear in any screenshots, please let me know. More on the photo consent form.