This is a very interesting opportunity for Digital Business Management students:
Graduating students of Advertising, Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Business, Graphic Design and Digital programs.
Ad Lounge invites you to a free evening of networking over dinner & drinks with leading industry executives.
You apply. We select the top applicants. You attend an exciting training session. The rest is up to you.
The Business School is offering two students from The Digital Business Management degree program the opportunity to attend the following event at a cost of $30.
If you are interested, please email me (email@example.com) with the subject line “The Art of Marketing Conference”.
Below is more info about the event.
The Art Of Marketing 2016
The Art of Marketing is coming to Toronto on June 14th and we have an opportunity to participate in this exceptional day of learning. Additionally, a preferred rate has been established for our employees that are interested in attending.
This one day conference features a collection of five internationally renowned bestselling authors and thought leaders that will share an exciting blend of cutting edge thinking and real world experience on today’s most critical marketing issues. Don’t miss out on your chance to gain a competitive advantage and network with over 1,200 of Canada’s most influential marketers. Speakers include:
- Morgan Spurlock – Academy Award-Nominated Filmmaker and Host of CNN’s Inside Man
- Bethany Mota – YouTube Superstar, Entrepreneur and One of the Most Powerful Voices in Social & New Media
- Avinash Kaushik – Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google, Bestselling Author and Co-Founder of Market Motive Inc.
- Adam Garone – CEO & Co-Founder of The Movember Foundation
- Stephen Shapiro – Bestselling Author and World-Renowned Innovation Expert
Your e-Business Student Association is planning their first Networking and Placement Experience Event. Please join us for an evening to network with the 4th year students who just finished their Summer Work Placement and learn from their experience and have your questions answered. You will also hear from the students who attended Unbounce, Digifest, and CampTech workshops about what they’ve learned.
Mark your calendars for:
- What: Networking and Placement Experience Event
- When: Monday Sept 28, 2015 @ 6:30 – 9:00 PM
- Where: L1017 Lakeshore Community Room
Free snacks will be provided, bring a friend and join us!
More details on the e-bsa website
Our fourth year e-Business Marketing student Rebecca Clement attended the CampTech workshop “MailChimp” on July 21, 2015 and shared her experience with us.
On July 21, 2015 I attended a workshop on Email marketing with Mail Chimp, the class was put on downtown Toronto by a company called CampTech. This was both my first time attending a workshop by CampTech and using Mail Chimp. Being a beginner class it was the perfect opportunity for me to create an account and test out the benefits and limitations of this site for email marketing purposes. The class began with an introduction by the instructor and attendees at which we were asked what we hoped to gain from the class, it was evident that it was important to CampTech to provide relevant and useful information to all of those in attendance. The class ranged from having never used MailChimp (like myself) to those who have relative knowledge and use the site for their own, or current company to help with their mailing list. Additionally, three MailChimp representatives were attending via Skype for a look into the class from their perspective.
Through CampTechs open communication policy throughout the workshop it made it easy to ask questions and learn at your own pace. They had an assistant in the room who was also able to help out anyone requiring extra assistance or aid those who may have fallen behind.
What I Learned:
- MailChimp provides an easy, creative and visually appealing set up to assist you in creating emails, notifications and promotional information to your clients
- Through grouping clients into proper categories, you are able to provide information to the appropriate customers, those who will find the information being sent beneficial.
- MailChimp offers an online analysis and history of your customer communication/participation to help you manage and effectively communicate to meet client specifications.
- The atomization tool gives you the means to not only email the right people, but also email them at the correct time (time of day, time of year, etc.) to maximize the utilization of the email.
- MailChimp integrates with other web services to help eliminate the hassle or headaches of payment and gathering information forms for your business purposes.
- With MailChimp, you can create the standard messages on your account (intro letters, promo for sign-up, opt-in pages, opt-out pages, etc.) you can manage your clients (custom forms, segmentation and grouping) you are able to deliver relevant information (automation, email delivery, email client testing) ability to test the analytics (analyse report findings) you possess the ability to share campaigns and the service is available with mobile integration.
The school will be sponsoring three students to attend Camp Tech workshops during the summer.
Please visit the following link and email me if you’re interested in attending a workshop:
Students who attend a workshop are required to share their experience with their colleagues through a short blog post with pictures.
If you are interested, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday July 1, 2015 with the following:
- Subject line: CampTech workshop
- Your full name
- Email address (to receive registration confirmation)
- Your phone number
- Workshop title, day, time, and link
- Short statement of interest (how would the workshop improve your skills / resume)
Please make sure you are free and can attend before you email me.
Our e-Business Marketing students Martin Perez, Lauren Ashmore, and Essra Arshad will be attending “Unbounce” on June 3
We look forward to learning from them all about it!
Our 4th year e-Business Marketing students Chad Fernandes and Sarah Pascoe will be attending Digifest – Toronto’s International Digital Festival, May 7-9
We look forward to learning from them all about it!