The Business School will be sponsoring two students to attend half-day Camp Tech workshops during the summer.
Please visit CampTech and email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you’re interested in attending a workshop.
Students who attend a workshop are required to share their experience with their colleagues through a short blog post with pictures, and contribute to a student-led seminar in Sept 2016.
Geoff Marcy from CampTech delivered a Google Analytics workshop to our students at the Lakeshore campus on October 5, 2015 and shared the PPT slides with us: view slides
Congratulations to the e-Business Student Association on the great success of their first event of the academic year 2015/2016!
The following are the slides used during the event:
- Unbounce presentation (Lauren, Martin, Essra) view PDF
- Digifest presentation (Chad) view PDF
- Main event slides (President and Exec Team) view PDF
To read more about the event please visit the e-BSA website
Our fourth year e-Business Marketing student Rebecca Clement attended the CampTech workshop “MailChimp” on July 21, 2015 and shared her experience with us.
On July 21, 2015 I attended a workshop on Email marketing with Mail Chimp, the class was put on downtown Toronto by a company called CampTech. This was both my first time attending a workshop by CampTech and using Mail Chimp. Being a beginner class it was the perfect opportunity for me to create an account and test out the benefits and limitations of this site for email marketing purposes. The class began with an introduction by the instructor and attendees at which we were asked what we hoped to gain from the class, it was evident that it was important to CampTech to provide relevant and useful information to all of those in attendance. The class ranged from having never used MailChimp (like myself) to those who have relative knowledge and use the site for their own, or current company to help with their mailing list. Additionally, three MailChimp representatives were attending via Skype for a look into the class from their perspective.
Through CampTechs open communication policy throughout the workshop it made it easy to ask questions and learn at your own pace. They had an assistant in the room who was also able to help out anyone requiring extra assistance or aid those who may have fallen behind.
What I Learned:
- MailChimp provides an easy, creative and visually appealing set up to assist you in creating emails, notifications and promotional information to your clients
- Through grouping clients into proper categories, you are able to provide information to the appropriate customers, those who will find the information being sent beneficial.
- MailChimp offers an online analysis and history of your customer communication/participation to help you manage and effectively communicate to meet client specifications.
- The atomization tool gives you the means to not only email the right people, but also email them at the correct time (time of day, time of year, etc.) to maximize the utilization of the email.
- MailChimp integrates with other web services to help eliminate the hassle or headaches of payment and gathering information forms for your business purposes.
- With MailChimp, you can create the standard messages on your account (intro letters, promo for sign-up, opt-in pages, opt-out pages, etc.) you can manage your clients (custom forms, segmentation and grouping) you are able to deliver relevant information (automation, email delivery, email client testing) ability to test the analytics (analyse report findings) you possess the ability to share campaigns and the service is available with mobile integration.
Our fourth year e-Business Marketing student Courtney Coon attended the CampTech workshop “Desktop Publishing with InDesign” on July 28, 2015 and shared her experience with us.
Within the three hour hands-on session, Courtney was introduced to all the InDesign basic concepts, and followed detailed instructions leading to the creation of a postcard as a final product that was ready to be used as an interactive piece and one that was ready to go straight to the printer. Read more on the association’s website.
The e-Business Student Association will be organizing a student-led seminar where Courtney will be sharing her experience with her fellow e-Business Marketing peers.