Our fourth year e-Business Marketing student Rebecca Clement attended the CampTech workshop “MailChimp” on July 21, 2015 and shared her experience with us.
On July 21, 2015 I attended a workshop on Email marketing with Mail Chimp, the class was put on downtown Toronto by a company called CampTech. This was both my first time attending a workshop by CampTech and using Mail Chimp. Being a beginner class it was the perfect opportunity for me to create an account and test out the benefits and limitations of this site for email marketing purposes. The class began with an introduction by the instructor and attendees at which we were asked what we hoped to gain from the class, it was evident that it was important to CampTech to provide relevant and useful information to all of those in attendance. The class ranged from having never used MailChimp (like myself) to those who have relative knowledge and use the site for their own, or current company to help with their mailing list. Additionally, three MailChimp representatives were attending via Skype for a look into the class from their perspective.
Through CampTechs open communication policy throughout the workshop it made it easy to ask questions and learn at your own pace. They had an assistant in the room who was also able to help out anyone requiring extra assistance or aid those who may have fallen behind.
What I Learned:
- MailChimp provides an easy, creative and visually appealing set up to assist you in creating emails, notifications and promotional information to your clients
- Through grouping clients into proper categories, you are able to provide information to the appropriate customers, those who will find the information being sent beneficial.
- MailChimp offers an online analysis and history of your customer communication/participation to help you manage and effectively communicate to meet client specifications.
- The atomization tool gives you the means to not only email the right people, but also email them at the correct time (time of day, time of year, etc.) to maximize the utilization of the email.
- MailChimp integrates with other web services to help eliminate the hassle or headaches of payment and gathering information forms for your business purposes.
- With MailChimp, you can create the standard messages on your account (intro letters, promo for sign-up, opt-in pages, opt-out pages, etc.) you can manage your clients (custom forms, segmentation and grouping) you are able to deliver relevant information (automation, email delivery, email client testing) ability to test the analytics (analyse report findings) you possess the ability to share campaigns and the service is available with mobile integration.