Welcome and thanks for visiting! My name is Hanadi Alnawab, Professor and Program Coordinator of the Digital Business Management degree program at The Faculty of Business, Humber College. I have been teaching full-time at The Faculty of Business since 2006, and coordinating the Digital Business Management program since 2015.
I am passionate about relationship-rich classrooms and experiential learning, and I incorporate both concepts into the design of my classes. Outside of work, I enjoy travelling, baking, and spending quality time with my son and husband. Here’s a fun map Padlet I started with my son to track places I’ve been to, and dream of new destinations!
Below are some highlights of my professional life, connect with me on Twitter and LinkedIn!
- CBIE Conference Canadian Bureau for International Education (Toronto, Nov 2022)
- Innovations Conference, League for Innovation in the Community College (Seattle, Washington, March 2020)
- WE ARE – International Theme Week, Fontys Academy for Creative Industries (Tilburg, Netherlands, Dec 2018)
- EDC Kenya (Entrepreneurship, Digital Livelihoods, and Creative Arts Kenya): Led a multidisciplinary team of Humber students on a project to empower female refugees in Kenya in partnership with Humber’s International Development Institute. Read more on my blog post: Digital Business Students Work on an International Project.
- HumberOnline.Solutions: Started this experiential learning platform in 2015 to connect current Humber students with the industry through various extracurricular projects. Visit the HOS website to learn more.
- Bakers’ Online Presence: A cross-program collaborative project designed for the Digital Business Management program and the Baking & Pastry Arts Management program during Winter 2022. Read the full story on my blog post: Cross-Program Collaboration.
- Live Case Studies: I continue to collaborate with local businesses and organizations in Ontario to embed business problems into my teaching and course work design, giving students the opportunity to interact with a small business owner. The following are examples of industry projects we used in the classroom in collaboration with local organizations: Arts Milton, Humber-Fontys COIL, Lisa’s Pet Care Services, Playful Strides Therapy, X-Ray Magic, La Moda Hair Studio, Cleo focus group, and many other.