Welcome and thanks for visiting! My name is Hanadi Alnawab, Professor and Program Coordinator of the Digital Business Management degree program at The Faculty of Business, Humber College. I have been teaching at The Longo Faculty of Business since 2006, and coordinating the Digital Business Management program since 2015.
I am passionate about relationship-rich education and experiential learning, and I incorporate both concepts into the design of my classes through partnering with industry clients to bring live case studies into my classroom, as well as collaborating with colleagues from other Humber faculties and programs to provide multidisciplinary cross-program experiences to my students. I am also engaged in applied research and other college initiatives.
Outside of work I enjoy spending quality time with my son and husband, travelling, baking, and reading. Here’s a fun map Padlet I started with my son to track places I’ve been to, and dream of new destinations!
Below are some highlights of my professional life.
Teaching & Learning
HumberOnline.Solutions: Started this experiential learning platform in 2015 to connect current Humber students with the industry through various extracurricular projects. Visit the HOS website to learn more.
I continue to collaborate with local businesses and organizations in Ontario to embed live business case studies into my teaching and course work design, giving students the opportunity to interact with, and solve real business problems. The following are examples of industry projects we used in the classroom in collaboration with local organizations: App Prototype Design, Arts Milton, Lisa’s Pet Care Services, Playful Strides Therapy, X-Ray Magic, La Moda Hair Studio, Cleo focus group, and many other.
I collaborate with colleagues in other programs and faculties within Humber College to design multi-disciplinary project experiences for our students as part of our class work. The following are examples: Bakers’ Online Presence, Blogging for BAKE 204, Success: A Digital Era Edition Webinar Series, and many other.
Applied Research & Funding
WordPress Websites to Support Small Businesses in Ontario
- Received funding from Ontario Centre of Innovation through Humber’s Office of Research and Innovation to partner with and support small businesses in Ontario on building sustainable online presence using WordPress, the free and open-source content management system. The following are examples of some of the projects we completed with business partners: Regenesis Fitness, Unique Sand Casting, Purple Stage Door Productions, and many other.
- Received funding through Humber’s Longo Centre for Entrepreneurship to hire multidisciplinary teams of Humber students to support experiential learning projects inside and outside the classroom.
- EDC Kenya (Entrepreneurship, Digital Livelihoods, and Creative Arts Kenya): Led a multidisciplinary team of Humber students on a project to empower female refugees in Kenya in partnership with Humber’s International Development Institute. Read more on my blog post: Digital Business Students Work on an International Project.
- COIL (Collaborative Online International Learning) in partnership with students from the Digital Business Concepts Program at Fontys Academy for the Creative Economy, The Netherlands. Read more on Humber-Fontys COIL.
- CBIE Conference Canadian Bureau for International Education (Toronto, Ontario)
- Innovations Conference, League for Innovation in the Community College (Seattle, Washington)
- WE ARE – International Theme Week, Fontys Academy for Creative Industries (Tilburg, Netherlands)