Please see message below from The Impact Centre at the University of Toronto
A great opportunity to learn and network: http://www.impactcentre.ca/e100/
Entrepreneurship 100: Conversations (E100) is the best way to learn about building your own company. After six events over the 2016-17 year, the popular series is back on campus this September.
Over the course of three evenings this fall, you will
- Meet young, diverse entrepreneurs who are creating cross-disciplinary technologies (not just software!), products, and business
- Hear personal stories of ideas, challenges, opportunities, failure and success
- Learn how to use your research and skills to impact the world
- Ask questions and participate in a conversation on innovation in Canada
You don’t have to already have a business idea to attend—entrepreneurship skills are also valuable for job searching and in the workplace. Previous panelists include Heather Payne, founder of Ladies Learning Code and HackerYou, Leila Keshavjee, founder of Happy Pops, Ilana Ben-Ari, founder of Twenty One Toys, and Noureddin Chahrour, founder of Adrenalease.
We have a unique format: it will be live-only (no video streaming!) to ensure everyone can be as candid as possible and it will be an interactive atmosphere rather than a one-way lecture.
Webpage & registration: http://www.e100.ca
All events are from 6 pm to 8 pm. The first hour is a moderated panel with audience participation while the second is unstructured conversations and networking (refreshments served!)
- September 21 – Entrepreneur or employee? A conversation on the realities of working for yourself and working for others
- September 28 – Social entrepreneurship: A conversation on harnessing the power of business for social good
- October 5 – Is my idea any good? A conversation on conceiving, assessing, and pivoting business ideas
JJR Macleod Auditorium
Medical Sciences Building, Room 2158
1 King’s College Circle
University of Toronto