Playful Strides Therapy Inc. is located in Milton and provides Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy services for families living in Halton, Peel, Toronto, Guelph and surrounding regions. PSTI Therapists that provide service in clinic and the community, using innovative, flexible and evidenced led treatment which incorporates the entire child (and family). Occupational Therapists provide intervention ito all areas of daily activities, at home, school and the community. Physiotherapists provide intervention for physical skills impacting on development using a hands on approach. http://playfulstrides.com
Live Case Study – Website Project
This project is used as a live case study for the BUS 2504 Web Development course during Winter 2020 semester.
ARI to Support Classwork
Thanks to an award from Applied Research & Innovation, the funding is used to hire students from various Humber Faculties and programs to support the project in areas that are beyond the scope of the course.
The following student will be joining us to support our class work during the semester.
- Sabrina Atzori, Professional Writing & Communications Program, Faculty of Liberal Arts
- Thomas Durham, Digital Business Management BComm, Faculty of Business
- Video introducing Cathy
- Project Requirements
- Google Folder
- Playful Strides current website (to be revamped)
Initial Meeting with Playful Strides Milton (Nov 2019)
Planning – Design Thinking
- Jan 16: the class worked on an exercise to understand Cathy’s business and assembled the following questions for Cathy (Campbell, 2018, Chapter 3) in order to finalize the Project Requirements document.
- Jan 10: Our copywriter (Sabrina) sent our client (Cathy) a document (view doc) that includes the suggested content strategy and an outline of the information she needs in order to start creating new content for the website, as well as ideas for reworking the existing content (Campbell, 2018, pp. 54-58, 78-82, 100-102)
- Jan 18: The class sent some questions to Cathy, her responses were shared with both the class and Sabrina (view doc)
- Jan 26: Sabrina emailed Cathy the following document as a first draft (view doc)
- Feb 1: Hanadi followed up with Cathy on feedback.
Feb 2: Our WordPress developer (Thomas) suggested the following WordPress.com free themes to our client, based on the following criteria (Campbell, 2018, pp. 27-28, 47-51, 58-64, 102-113):
|Alves||Style of the theme|
Most similar to OTC
|Barnsbury||Structure and design of the theme|
Many designs and customization options
|Maywood||Structure and design of the theme|
Simple and effective header design
|Stratford||Simple structure and design|
Design Thinking– Ideate
Feb 6: The class worked on phase 3 of the Design Thinking process (Ideate) and produced the following storyboard through the card sorting exercise (Campbell, 2018, Chapter 4).